He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. - Mark 16:15

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

As We Remember

I had 2 thoughts this trip.  First, Isaiah 52:7 - "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news."  I loved watching the reactions of the Brazilians as the Gospel was preached.  The were truly grateful to have the opportunity to hear about what Christ had done for us.  Second, the song How Great Thou Art.  It is truly a beautiful country, and I just marvel at everything that God has done.  - Tony Merrell




I think one of the biggest things I learned was that the limitations I think I have are not really all that I can do, especially with God. Everything that I thought I couldn't do, everything that I never would have imagined myself doing; only God knows my true limits. Everything from the hundreds... or thousands... of insects, the heat, the food, the restrooms, the shower (or lack thereof), the airplane cancellations, all of those things are things that I never would have overcome without God. I truly began to see what the real meaning was behind: In God all things are possible. It was the most brutal, most wonderful, and most amazing trip of my life, and I will never be the same again.  - Jordan Crosslin




I will remember...tears filling my eyes at the seemingly oddest moments...totally moved by the Spirit of God as I witnessed His working and His incomprehensive, uncontainable love.  God is LOVE...and oh how He loves the little children of the world...all over the world.  To be offered the incredible privilege of sharing His love with those with whom we couldn't even speak the same language was so eye opening and moving to me...truly revealing that God's love reaches beyond all language barriers!
I will remember...the missionaries who have given their lives to move out of all modern-day conveniences in order to minister to tribal people in the jungle; their zeal for the Gospel is life changing.
And oh - the jungle - I will remember the jungle!  God used our Brazilian guide who only spoke Portuguese to speak to me in a profound way on a path I would have never "chosen" to take.  Praise God that His timing is perfect - and that His path in our lives (even when marked with difficulty) is one that will always take us to places we may never have dreamed we would go, and it is He Who gives the grace and strength to do so, and the joy of His presence as He meets us there.  - Glory Yocum


No comments:

Post a Comment